It all depends on the cat, some cats crave affection and others can be timid, but sometimes it can also be from a lack of socialisation.
If you have just gotten a kitten, congratulations! You should start handling your kitten right away, but make sure you’re not forcing your kitten into uncomfortable situations.
Here are some tips to help your cat become more of a cuddler. Remember, you want to positively reward (like a treat) your cat .
- Make sure the environment is stress free and your cat feels secure.
- Provide a calm, trustworthy environment.
- Make it rewarding for you cat
- Make sure you correctly interpret your cats body language
- Petting your cat the right way
- Never trick your cat
- Always make sure your cat can move away freely